Light the Night
To plan and organize a walk on one of the busiest streets of Los Angeles is no small undertaking, but the success of the event made every moment of planning and preparation worth it – ten fold.
- Plan and Organize 4 walks in residential and urban communities
- Attract over 6,000 walkers (participants)
- Raise $1 Million Dollars
- The L.A. area walks were an enormous success, bringing in over one and one quarter million dollars to date.
- Roughly 6,500 walkers participated.
- Light The Night Walk event take place in the evening starting around 5:00. As walkers arrives, they check in and receive T-shirts and balloons and can participate in a formal Remembrance Ceremony and enjoy other Activities such as the Kids Zone, Food Trucks, a Survivor Tent, Banner decorating, Vendors, Music, and more.
- All along the preplanned route, walkers are energized by Dj’s, bands, cheerleaders, and supporters, celebrating their spirit and thanking them for their efforts.
- Walkers illuminated balloons in three colors: red for supporters, white for survivors, and gold to honor the memory of someone lost to cancer.
- Held yearly, similar Light The Night Walks take place in communities all around the country, therefore it is important to create a unique experience for all involved as well as maintain an event authentic to LLS.
The Client Says:
“We are so heartened by the generosity of all involved. The money collected makes a huge difference for those affected by the diseases and keeps us headed toward our ultimate goal – a world without cancer” – said LLS Los Angeles Chapter Campaign Director, Nichole Guzman.
It’s an honor to work with LLS; the mission of this research-based organization is so impactful. Thanks to LLS, people are living longer fuller lives, despite the serious nature of the cause, we try to bring fun and inspiration to the participants and are rewarded when we see the results.